All workshops and classes in this listing are run independently by our members.
MAVA Inc. waives all responsibility for bookings, payments and all other related matters.
MAVA Inc. is only facilitating the advertising to benefit our members.
All enquiries relating to the workshops/classes should be sent directly to the organiser.
Diploma of Visual Arts (Part-Time)
Artist / Business
Social Media Link
EXPLORE | BUILD | EMERGE
CUA511120 Diploma of Visual Arts
This is course is a two-year part-time Diploma of Visual Arts, designed for adults seeking creative direction in the creative industries. This unique course is designed to unlock creative skills through art studio practices, life drawing, digital imaging, and art analysis. As a hands-on course, it is suitable for most levels of proficiency.
NCATs trainers are all practicing creative professionals. Through practical workshops and mentoring, they will provide advice and support to encourage you as a developing artist.
NCAT Create is conceived for:
- Adults who want to explore and develop their creative potential
- Adults looking to build and expand their creative skills for a possible career change
- Artists, designers and craftspeople who want to update or extend their current creative skill set
- Adults left behind by the digital revolution, who wish to update their digital skills
- Adults who cannot access full-time study
NCAT Create enables you to:
- Explore and refine techniques and develop and enhance skills in a variety of art-forms
- Discover how to draw confidently through weekly tutored Life Drawing sessions
- Gain proficiency in the use of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Realise a body of art work with sound conceptual underpinnings
- Build your ability to promote and publicise your art online and through social media
- Understand the impact copyright & WHS has on your creative work
- Enhance your photographic imaging skills
- Learn how to professionally store and archive your finished artwork
- Plan for a sustainable career in the creative arts industry
- Develop an ongoing art practice
NCAT Create: The Fine Print:
- Family friendly hours (9.30am – 3.00pm) with studio access from 8.30am -4.00pm
- Part-time: Two days contact per week (Thursday – Friday) across two years
- Optional additional Open Studio day
- Art spaces that include: Art studio, drawing studio, Apple mac computer labs, photo studio
-Professional adult learning environment
- All class materials included in one off materials charge of $800 per year
- Year One: Introductory studio & digital skills development
- Year Two: Expanded studio practices
- Subjects include Studio, Life Drawing, Digital, Presentation, Art in Context, Drawn from Life and Contemporary Art Practice
- NCAT Create: delivered by the creative professionals at NCAT Folio Preparation | Create
- Fully accredited VET course: CUA51120 Diploma of Visual Arts
- Northern College of the Arts & Technology is a Registered Training Authority – RTO 6736